Monday, December 17, 2012

SCBWI Tomie de Paola entry!
"The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" by Mark Twain
 
copyright 2012 Teresa Wiles
This is my illustration for Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer".  Entries for the annual contest could be based on text from Tom Sawyer, "The Yearling" by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, or "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott.  The entries were also required to be rendered in black and white. Working in black and white was a challenge for me because of my love of color. I considered creating the figures as black silhouettes but decided on this reverse use of light against dark to create contrast and heighten the focal point on the figures.   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its been a while....

...............meanwhile...... and there's more... visit my website  https://www.teresawiles.com/ ...